5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having this really annoying issue where Outlook duplicates my Personal Folders.

As you can see in the attached, my Personal Folders shows up 3 times WITH THE SAME EXACT CONTENT. I tried right-clicking on each on the duplicates, but there is no "Delete" option and "Close" is greyed out.

In Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memo, I get the same scenario:
    - In the Calendar, I get 2 duplicates of "Calendar." The duplicates are called "Calendar in Personal Folders." I can right-click on them and select "Remove from My Calendars." But when I restart Outlook, 1 of the duplicates reappears.

In contacts, I get 2 duplicates of "Contacts." The duplicates are called "Contacts in Personal Folders." I am able to select "Remove from My Contacts," but "Delete" is grayed out. When I restart Outlook, 1 of the duplicates reappears.

Under Tasks, I get 2 duplicates of "Tasks." The duplicates are called "Tasks in Personal Folders." I am able to select "Remove from My Tasks," but when I restart Outlook, 1 of the duplicates reappears.

The same happens in Memo.

How can I get rid of all of these duplicates permanently? How can I un-gray out the option to "Close Personal Folers" in my duplicate folders when I am in the Mail tab?

Regards,

JMT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    How many PST files do you have open, or even how many times have you opened the same pst file?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    1. Quit all instances of Outlook.
    Start the Mail control panel.
    Click Data Files...
    Do you see duplicates here? If so, remove them.

2. If that doesn't help:
    Quit all instances of Outlook.
    Start the Mail control panel.
    Click Show Profiles...
    Click Add... to create a new e-mail profile.
    Specify the new profile as the one to be used when Outlook starts.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='772311' date='26-Apr-2009 01:16']How many PST files do you have open, or even how many times have you opened the same pst file?[/quote]

I only have 1 PST file open and, as far as I can tell, I have only opened it once. However, I may have opened it several times, but it has been over a week and several restarts since then.

Hans: how do I start the mail control panel?

Regards,

JMT

Thanks
    [quote name='jmt356' post='773852' date='05-May-2009 23:45']Hans: how do I start the mail control panel?[/quote]
    I think Hans is referring to the Mail setup in your Control Panel

[attachment=83619:x.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (77.2 KB, 4 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jmt356' post='772310' date='26-Apr-2009 02:06']I am having this really annoying issue where Outlook duplicates my Personal Folders.[/quote]
    You are not alone. I have seen Outlook do this and it can be quite hard to fix.

See Post 751424 for the steps I took to cure this last time it happened to me.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='773875' date='06-May-2009 04:52']I think Hans is referring to the Mail setup in your Control Panel

[attachment=83619:x.gif][/quote]

That's odd; I don't have "mail" as an option in Classic View (or Control Panel Home) of the Control Panel. It goes straight from Java to Keyboard to Mouse.

How can I get there?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='jmt356' post='774504' date='09-May-2009 21:52']That's odd; I don't have "mail" as an option in Classic View (or Control Panel Home) of the Control Panel. It goes straight from Java to Keyboard to Mouse.

How can I get there?[/quote]

If you have an Outlook icon on the desktop or pinned to the top of the start menu right click it and select Properties.

Joe
    Joe