4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I open an application form in design view, when I go to look at the code it shows all the forms code in multiple windows that I have to close each time to find the code I am looking for. Is there a way to open up the code window with only the form I am working ons code. I am using the VB button in the toolbar. Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have Access 2007, but in previous versions the Visual Basic Editor "remembers" which module windows were open, even between sessions.

So you'll have to get used to closing module windows when you're done with them.

A long time ago I posted an add-in that lets you close all open module windows in one go, but (1) I can't find that post anymore, and (2) I don't know whether it would work in Access 2007 - in earlier versions, it adds an item to the Tools | Add-Ins submenu, but that obviously doesn't exist in Access 2007. For what it's worth, I'll attach it here (zipped).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='772343' date='26-Apr-2009 22:53']I don't have Access 2007, but in previous versions the Visual Basic Editor "remembers" which module windows were open, even between sessions.

So you'll have to get used to closing module windows when you're done with them.

A long time ago I posted an add-in that lets you close all open module windows in one go, but (1) I can't find that post anymore, and (2) I don't know whether it would work in Access 2007 - in earlier versions, it adds an item to the Tools | Add-Ins submenu, but that obviously doesn't exist in Access 2007. For what it's worth, I'll attach it here (zipped).[/quote]

Access 2007 behaves the same as previous versions, in that the Visual Basic Editor still "remembers' which module windows were open.

I have installed the mda (posted here by Hans) in Access 2007 and it works for me. The Add-in Manager is available on the Database Tools tab of the ribbon.
    Regards
    John

Thanks
    There is also the same facility in MZ-Tools (which I would suggest is a must-have).
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry for the delay, I managed to wrongly edit my boot.ini file!

Many thanks the file Hans, I will give it a try as John suggested it works. I did find accidentally clicking window restore button and it closed them showing the correct code, and if another one was clicked then tiled them. Its the usual situation you make something happen and then it takes hours finding how to put it back. Its early days with it for me, but it seems to offer far less workspace area than 2003. Seem to be changes for the sake of it although it might grow on you?

Thanks Steve for the mention of MZTools, glad to know it will still work as an addin.

Just fighting at the moment to get rid if all the security warnings. There must be an option somewhere to allow non signatured addins etc to run not just for the current session. I tried putting the program and bits in what I thought was a trusted location, where the wizards live but it still moans. Best regards all.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='SteveH' post='772358' date='27-Apr-2009 01:37']There is also the same facility in MZ-Tools (which I would suggest is a must-have).[/quote]

I thought it was in MZ Tools, and I was going to make a post similar to yours, but I went looking for a "Close all" command and could not find it. Where is it?

Added a bit later
    Ah...just found it.
    [attachment=83488:closeall.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks John, thats sorted that one out. I am still trying to find a way when I open a database from a windows/screen shortcut, for Access not to open up just blind. I really miss the database window for selecting forms/queries/reports etc. when an application is opened. In addition, I cannot seem to find a way to open a form for data entry where it covers the top ribbon/menu bar, ie all screen. I have a docmd.maximise in the forms open event, but it does not open right up as it does in 2003. Regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you want a form that can fill the entire screen, set its Popup property to Yes.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='ZOR' post='772545' date='28-Apr-2009 05:04']Many thanks John, thats sorted that one out. I am still trying to find a way when I open a database from a windows/screen shortcut, for Access not to open up just blind. I really miss the database window for selecting forms/queries/reports etc. when an application is opened.[/quote]

I don't know what you mean by 'just blind'. You still have the option of specifying a startup form, as before, and options allow you to show/hide the navigation bar.
    If you select "object type" within the navigation bar options then you can view all tables, queries etc much as before.
    [attachment=83515:ObjectType.gif]

If you right click on the ribbon you can "Minimize the ribbon"...this allows forms to occupy most of the screen if maximized.
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans. I set the form to popup, but the form still does not open up covering the whole screen.
    Thanks John, following your last reply, I went into the settings and now it looks more alive to use. I will carry on and try to like 2007, but so far feel its been changed visibly for the sake of it, some artistic designer employed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='ZOR' post='772929' date='30-Apr-2009 06:27']Thanks Hans. I set the form to popup, but the form still does not open up covering the whole screen.
    Thanks John, following your last reply, I went into the settings and now it looks more alive to use. I will carry on and try to like 2007, but so far feel its been changed visibly for the sake of it, some artistic designer employed.[/quote]

The step that made Access 2007 tolerable for me was to customize the Quick Access toolbar, so the things I use a lot are all permanently available with a single click. I found having to use multiple mouse clicks to get to the relevant part of the ribbon very annoying.[attachment=83533:qat.gif]
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks John, that looks ideal and what I would expect it to have woken up with. I will now delve into my program to duplicate what you have done. Starting to make sense now. Thanks again