5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, does anyone use the Colorful Tabs extension. If so, has anyone got it to colour htm files stored on the local computer. I can't get it to work. I like the idea fo beng able to colour tabs according to the url but can't get it to work.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Cah' post='772360' date='26-Apr-2009 16:08']Hello, does anyone use the Colorful Tabs extension. If so, has anyone got it to colour htm files stored on the local computer. I can't get it to work. I like the idea fo beng able to colour tabs according to the url but can't get it to work.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)[/quote]

The developer has set up a forum especially for discussing and reporting issues with the extension here. I've tried searching that forum and couldn't find anything relating to local htm files, so perhaps it's worth posting your question there?

I did install this extension once but the novelty soon wore off and I uninstalled it within a week or so!
    Waggers
    If at first you do succeed, you've probably missed something.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Cah' post='772360' date='26-Apr-2009 11:08']I like the idea fo beng able to colour tabs[/quote]
    Sheesh, it's been so long that I can't remember if you were the one who brought this up or where I found it, so I'll ask you.

A long time ago I made a change to my userchrome.css file to enable the coloring of the "active tab" in Fx. I can't find it here in The Lounge posts <blush> so I don't remember where I learned about it. I was wondering if you have the following code in yours:
    /* Change color of active tab */
    tab[selected="true"]
    {
    background-color: #dcdc23 !important;
    color: blue !important;
    font-weight: bold !important;
    font-size: 9pt !important
    }
    If so, maybe it's interfering with your new addon...

[attachment=83496:2009_04_27_074417.png]

Edited Later: My apologies, Chris, you were not involved. I found the thread at Post 653641.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, I've given up on Colorful tabs. It was proving rather awkward to add regular websites, never mind local files. Instead I switched to using Aging Tabs, though I'm only using the function to colour the active tag. I tried using a css rule to style the active tag but Aging Tabs produced a better result. Colouring the tabs based upon site sounds nice in theory but quickly became too much of a chore.

Best wishes,

Chris