2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My application is designed to run continuously, filling a very small Access window while the user does other things. This is in Access 2007 run time mode. However sometimes the user interacts with controls on this small window - which requires the temporary availability of a much larger window. How can I -

1. Force the small window to be always on top?
    2. When the user need a larger window, either -
    2.1 Pop up (and down) a window outside the Access window so it's size is unconstrained by the size of the Access window, OR
    2.2 Temporarily enlarge the Access window and then contract it when the interaction is over? I am aware of the 'maximise' function but cannot shift it's focus to the Access window.

petermat

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Normally setting a forms property to being a popup keeps the form on top. Is this feature available in 2007, I am not on my pc with 2007 on.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In addition to ZOR's reply: the Popup property is in the Other tab of the form's Properties sheet. Setting it to Yes will make the form float above all other Access windows (except for popup forms opened after it), and not be constrained within the Access application window. As long as you keep the Modal property set to No, users can still click in other Access windows.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ZOR' post='772379' date='26-Apr-2009 20:15']Normally setting a forms property to being a popup keeps the form on top. Is this feature available in 2007, I am not on my pc with 2007 on.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. To be more accurate I am using Access 2002 for developement and 2007 just for the run time.

1. Re "on top" - making a form a pop up makes it on top of other forms within the Access window - but what I need is for the (small) Access run time window to be on top of other applications.

2. did you spot my other question - which is actually the more important to me?

petermat