5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, periodically, and especially after installing an extension, when I start firefox a list of recommended add-ons appears in the sidebar. Is there any setting to get Firefox to stop doing this? If I want to look for add-ons I prefer to go to the add-on site directly. Currently, I feel Mozilla are using Firefox to spam me.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Thanks
    [quote name='Cah' post='772426' date='26-Apr-2009 17:02']Hello, periodically, and especially after installing an extension, when I start firefox a list of recommended add-ons appears in the sidebar.[/quote]
    I've never seen that in any version of Firefox. But I keep the sidebar closed except when I want to access History, so I have no idea what its normal startup behavior is.

On my system, after installation of or updates to an extension, the Add-ons dialog is displayed as a separate window. This usually shows the Extensions tab, not the Get Add-ons tab. YMMV.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='772430' date='27-Apr-2009 01:29']I've never seen that in any version of Firefox. But I keep the sidebar closed except when I want to access History, so I have no idea what its normal startup behavior is.

On my system, after installation of or updates to an extension, the Add-ons dialog is displayed as a separate window. This usually shows the Extensions tab, not the Get Add-ons tab. YMMV.[/quote]
    Thanks Jefferson, I use the All-In-One Sidebar and usually have either, history or bookmarks open. The key phrase I was missing was "tab". A quick search with this showed how to hide the recommended add-ons tab using about:config: extensions.getAddons.showPane set to false. I applied this change and the tab has gone.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks
    [quote name='Cah' post='772433' date='26-Apr-2009 18:14']Thanks Jefferson, I use the All-In-One Sidebar and usually have either, history or bookmarks open.[/quote]
    Maybe there is a bug in that extension when it diverts the "updated" dialog to the sidebar. I think you should be shown the Extensions tab, not the Get Add-ons tab. Anyway, if I ever install it myself I will check out that possibility.