5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks
    I have just spent 6 hours re-building the back end of my Db. all has gone beautifully - except the menu item Tools | Startup is greyed out and thus not available. Any ideas on how to overcome this?
    Regards,
    Peter

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Assuming you're using Access 2003 or earlier:

Does it make a difference if you open the database with the Shift key held down?

If not, try the following:
    - Select Tools | Customize...
    - Activate the Toolbars tab.
    - Select Menu Bar.
    - Click Reset... and confirm that you want to do so.
    - Click Close.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='772485' date='27-Apr-2009 21:09']Assuming you're using Access 2003 or earlier:

Does it make a difference if you open the database with the Shift key held down?

If not, try the following:
    - Select Tools | Customize...
    - Activate the Toolbars tab.
    - Select Menu Bar.
    - Click Reset... and confirm that you want to do so.
    - Click Close.[/quote]
    I have found the problem. Somehow this design master has become a replica. Before replicating I renamed the Db from 'Fresh' to MainData'. I then created 2 replicas on 2 other computers. I tried to make this replica the design master, but Access told me that it can't find the Db 'Fresh'. I renamed it back to 'Fresh' but it made no diff.
    I have now removed the other 2 replicas from the set and also seem to have removed this main Db from the replica set (leaving no replicas). However if I now try to Recover the Design Master, I get the following error:
    'This member of the replica set has been logically removed from the set and is no longer available.'
    I'M IN A BIG HOLE; HELP. (I hope that this doesn't mean that my 6 hours of re-building my back end will have to be repeated.)
    Regards,
    Peter

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I hope that someone else can help you, I don't know anything about replicated databases.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I solved the problem. I remembered that I backed up the re-built Db before replicating it. I have use that, and all seems to be going swimmingly.
    Thanks for your input.
    When things seem darkest it is immensely gratifying to know there are others out there willing to pitch in.
    I'm gobsmacked that there is an area of Access that Hans doesn't know. He's human after all.
    Regards,
    Peter

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh, there are many areas I'm not familiar with - data access pages, pivot tables/pivot charts, ...
    (And since I don't have Access 2007, everything specific to that version)