Thanks
    In one document part of the sentence says, “…arising therefrom…” and the word therefrom has a red wavy line under it that means that it is a spelling error.

In another document with the exact same sentence, there is no red wavy line under the word therefrom. I highlight the sentence and do a spelling check on that sentence and it finds no errors. The “Hide spelling errors in this document” is not checked.

I looked up the custom dictionary and it is using the same dictionary located in the same path.

I modified the custom dictionary to look the word up and it is not in the dictionary. I thought that Word shares the same custom dictionary between doc files. There are no other dictionaries listed.

I cannot understand this inconsistency. Any ideas?
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Can you post a "Clipped" screen shot of both files showing what you are saying?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='772541' date='27-Apr-2009 10:49']Can you post a "Clipped" screen shot of both files showing what you are saying?[/quote]

Here is an attachment...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    What happens if you select Tools | Options... in the problem document, activate the Spelling and Grammar tab and click Recheck Document?

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='772556' date='27-Apr-2009 12:09']What happens if you select Tools | Options... in the problem document, activate the Spelling and Grammar tab and click Recheck Document?[/quote]

When I recheck the document the spelling error did show up!

So if someone opens the document and does a spell check and says ignore the spelling error and then anyone else who opens the document they will no longer see those errors? For some reason I thought it was just for that one user.

Thanks for teaching us again Hans!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The list of ignored errors is stored with the document, so it applies to all users.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Omega3' post='772540' date='27-Apr-2009 13:34']In one document part of the sentence says, “…arising therefrom…” and the word therefrom has a red wavy line under it that means that it is a spelling error.

In another document with the exact same sentence, there is no red wavy line under the word therefrom.[/quote]

This is the same problem I posted on last week.

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=762479

I have the problem in the same document, the same sentence, the same paragraph and different documents. One instance is flagged while another is not.

Allan

Thanks
    [quote name='AllanBrown' post='772700' date='28-Apr-2009 08:21']This is the same problem I posted on last week.

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=762479

I have the problem in the same document, the same sentence, the same paragraph and different documents. One instance is flagged while another is not.

Allan[/quote]
    I'm curious, did Han's solution to recheck the document fix your problem? Even though you created it yourself someone may have opened it and ran a spell check and accidentally accepted a misspelled word and it no longer flags it as an error.

Other than Han's solution, I don't know the answer.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Omega3' post='773178' date='30-Apr-2009 15:34']I don't know the answer.[/quote]

I have experienced many odd things in SpellCheck over the years, including having run SpellCheck early in a work session on a particular document, and then running it again later -- same session, same doc, no closing of doc at any time -- and the second SpellCheck stops on words that existed during the first run, but that it did not stop on in the first run.

I have just assumed there is some intentional or unintentional built-in resetting of the “recheck” function based on time spent in the doc or something.

So I think part of the answer is unknowable bugs (“design features,” they used to call these).

And the solution is to always be wary of SpellCheck. That is, be aware of and in control of all the SpellCheck and language (Tools-Language-Set Language) settings in every doc. And to use the “recheck” button from time to time, especially when starting in on a document that has come from another user.