Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Borders.
    1. I canít create a border (line underneath) for 2 consecutive paragraphs. I have to have a blank paragraph in between. Why is this, and can I have a border line for 2 consecutive paragraphs?
    2. The text option for borders does not seem to work; when I select one word and try to do a border for it, I always get a box around the word Ė I remember in Word 2003, being able to select text and get only the top, bottom or side line that I chose?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    1) You should be able to specify a "between" border.
    [attachment=83502:x.png]
    2) In Word 2002, you can only create a box around a word, it's not possible to get a top and bottom border only at the text level.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (43.4 KB, 0 views)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans -

Thanks for the info but it did not work for me. I am using Word 2007.
    - Re borders for consecutive paragraphs - that does not work - and there is not between option.
    - Re text border, getting anything other than a box. My borders dialog box does not show a between option. All I get is a box. Should I be able to get an bottom border only?

Any more ideas?

Doris.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have Word 2007, so I cannot help you. Hopefully who does have Word 2007 will come up with a suggestion.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='dorisglazer' post='772614' date='28-Apr-2009 02:19']My borders dialog box does not show a between option. All I get is a box.[/quote]
    This would be normal if you only have one paragraph selected. Try selecting two or more paragraphs and you should see the between line.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='772642' date='28-Apr-2009 10:12']This would be normal if you only have one paragraph selected. Try selecting two or more paragraphs and you should see the between line.[/quote]

Stuart - thanks - i do see between when I select 3 lines.