New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am building a database to track security access to our offices. I have several tables and the main data entry is done on a main form with two subforms. On the main form and on one of the subforms, I have a textbox that puts the last date/time that record was updated. Seems to work great. Until I try using the subform after updating the main form. I cannot move from the main form to the subform after this textbox updates. The whole form freezes.

I'm very new to VBA, and I tried looking at the code to figure this out myself. It appears the textbox is locking after it updates. If I edit it to leave it unlocked, it doesn't seem to matter. So, I guess I have no idea what I'm doing.

I can attach the db if that will help you.

What I want is: On the main form (employee information), when I enter data into the last form on the field (year), I want the date/time last updated to appear on the form (the textbox) and then I want to be able to go to a subform (locations employee accesses with permissions for access) to enter records and have that subform also show a date/time last updated.

So, should I attach the db or are you a magician and can understand what I've just babbled about?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I usually set the last modified date of a record in the Before Update event of the form. For example:

Code:
    Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
      Me.txtDateModified = Date
    End Sub
    Here, txtDateModified is a text box bound to a Date/Time field in the table behind the form.