3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am beginning to use a new laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 bit and have installed Office 2007 with Outlook. I have begun to notice that when I change the View, Toolbars, Customize and set "always show full menus" every time I close out of Outlook upon restarting the settings have gone back to default.

Anything come to mind?

Jester
    I know enough to know I don't know enough

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='dgpile' post='772617' date='27-Apr-2009 21:05']I am beginning to use a new laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 bit and have installed Office 2007 with Outlook. I have begun to notice that when I change the View, Toolbars, Customize and set "always show full menus" every time I close out of Outlook upon restarting the settings have gone back to default.

Anything come to mind?

Jester[/quote]

1.) Have you tried any other customizations? Do they "stick"?
    2.) Do you have Office 2007 SP1 installed?
    3.) Are you running as a "normal" user or an "admin" user?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='772662' date='28-Apr-2009 09:01']1.) Have you tried any other customizations? Do they "stick"?
    2.) Do you have Office 2007 SP1 installed?
    3.) Are you running as a "normal" user or an "admin" user?[/quote]
    My account was the one the HP initial configuration created for me and I don't remember doing anything special, however, I created a new account yesterday and made it an admin account and the issue has resolved. The strange thing is when I right click on the Start button, both accounts show me "open all users". In XP this was something that would confirm a user had local admin rights.

Now I just have to live with not being able to disable or delete the original account, one of the features of Vista HP64 bit that I find less than appealing.

Jester
    I know enough to know I don't know enough