2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

We've inherited a work in progress where the document designer was trying to force users to fill out a form field before tabbing to the next field (document attached).

I'm trying to decipher the macros but I'm not having much success. The macros work for the non-drop down boxes till we get to the "Grade" field. This correctly alerts us to the fact that the grade is missing, but lets us tab to the next field anyway (unlike the previous fields which return the focus to the field until it's completed.

I'm sure that if I understood why it is failing on this field it would go some way to helping me understand the whole logic of the three Macros.

Thanks
    Jim MacLeod
    Shetland Isles
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    [quote name='jmacleod' post='772645' date='28-Apr-2009 03:31']The macros work for the non-drop down boxes till we get to the "Grade" field. This correctly alerts us to the fact that the grade is missing, but lets us tab to the next field anyway (unlike the previous fields which return the focus to the field until it's completed.[/quote]
    In order to work correctly, every field on the form must have its Entry macro set to AOnEntry in the form field's properties dialog. And every "required" field must have its Exit macro set to AOnExit. The reason every field needs the entry macro is that the entry macro moves the focus back to the required field that was left blank. Does that help?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='772729' date='28-Apr-2009 18:10']In order to work correctly, every field on the form must have its Entry macro set to AOnEntry in the form field's properties dialog. And every "required" field must have its Exit macro set to AOnExit. The reason every field needs the entry macro is that the entry macro moves the focus back to the required field that was left blank. Does that help?[/quote]

Thanks for this, I think I'm starting to get the idea behind these particular Macros.

Jim