Lounger
    Thanks
    On a W2k3 Server I installed Access 97 ontop of Office XP (Wd+Xl).
    Whenever I try to run code from a class module (stand alone or behind a form) the application crashes with "unhandled win32 exception in MSACCESS.EXE" (error message is driven by Visual Studio JIT debugger which came with SQL Server 2005). This happens even with a new and otherwise empty database, just 1 line of code in one function.
    I reinstalled Access, I checked the version of the references against another server which does not have that problem:
    VBA332.dll: 3.0.0.7019, MSACC8.olb: 8.0.0.3512, DAO350.dll: 3.51.1027.0 (i.e. DAO3.51)
    What can be done?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The only possiblity I can think of is that the service pack levels of Access 97 and Office XP may be different on the two servers. (And for what it's worth, I would suggest moving to a later version of Access - that version is more than 12 years old, and is no longer actively supported. I also realize you may not have that option, but it may provide you with some ammunition.)
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you really need Access 97, you should uninstall both Access 97 and Office XP.
    Then reinstall first Access 97, then Office XP. You must always install different versions of Office (or parts thereof) from oldest to newest, never the other way round.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanx to you who answered me (better late than never ).
    I tried the different order, but I guess there is some other piece of software interfering. So I'll try to convert to Access 2002 - good idea to take that as a reason.