New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a problem with a corrupt pst file that I was able to repair with scanpst.exe but when I opened Outlook all of my appointments with reminders had generated orphan reminders for today so all 58 opened at once. When I deleted them all they just came back after 5 minutes.

I ran scpst.exe again but it did not help.

I tried to use the outlook /cleanreminders switch but Outlook opened normally and then the reminders re-appeared.

I am not using Exchange server so the MFCMAPI tool does not work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

IanRH

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanRH' post='772796' date='28-Apr-2009 17:14']When I deleted them all they just came back after 5 minutes.[/quote]
    Do you mean that you permanently deleted the 58 Appointments/Events underlying the Reminders, or that you Dismissed the 58 Reminders? Have the Reminders recurred again on restarting Outlook?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='772892' date='29-Apr-2009 16:55']Do you mean that you permanently deleted the 58 Appointments/Events underlying the Reminders, or that you Dismissed the 58 Reminders? Have the Reminders recurred again on restarting Outlook?[/quote]
    I was not precise enough.

The 58 reminders were one for each of the Appointments in my calendar BUT had mysteriously changed the due time/date to the time that I managed to restart Outlook after the repair.
    I have tried to dismiss the orphans seperately and collectively without success they just came back after 5 minutes.
    They did come back after I restarted Outlook and after I ran scanpst.
    I referred to them as orphans because they no longer seemed attached to the original appointment as some were in the past and most in the future.

I have not tried to open and delete them as I banished them for a week I will have to find them first!

I have subsequently found that a number of my Mail Folders were moved to a new folder called 'Lost & Found' but credit to scanpst appeared to be complete and just needed renaming and moving. I do have one which is empty and will not delete but that is not a problem. I mention this because the crash seems to have been more severe than I first thought.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanRH' post='772893' date='29-Apr-2009 09:09']The 58 reminders were one for each of the Appointments in my calendar BUT had mysteriously changed the due time/date to the time that I managed to restart Outlook after the repair. I have tried to dismiss the orphans seperately and collectively without success they just came back after 5 minutes. They did come back after I restarted Outlook and after I ran scanpst.

I referred to them as orphans because they no longer seemed attached to the original appointment as some were in the past and most in the future. I have not tried to open and delete them as I banished them for a week I will have to find them first!

I have subsequently found that a number of my Mail Folders were moved to a new folder called 'Lost & Found' but credit to scanpst appeared to be complete and just needed renaming and moving. I do have one which is empty and will not delete but that is not a problem. I mention this because the crash seems to have been more severe than I first thought.[/quote]
    Perhaps another Lounger will think of something I have overlooked, but...

Sorry, I tend to think you should create a new default PST and import (by copying from old PST to new PST) all your non-Calendar items to it, ESPECIALLY if your existing PST is a pre-2003 non-UNICode PST that you carried over from a prior version of Outlook. Sounds like a pain, but it doesn't take too long. But for your Calendar Items, I recommend you export them to a CSV file, do NOT import the Calendar items to the new PST, but import the CSV file into your new PST Calendar. That step will be a bit of a pain, but it should avoid carrying over any corrupt Calendar items.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanRH' post='772893' date='29-Apr-2009 17:09']I was not precise enough.

The 58 reminders were one for each of the Appointments in my calendar BUT had mysteriously changed the due time/date to the time that I managed to restart Outlook after the repair.
    I have tried to dismiss the orphans seperately and collectively without success they just came back after 5 minutes.
    They did come back after I restarted Outlook and after I ran scanpst.
    I referred to them as orphans because they no longer seemed attached to the original appointment as some were in the past and most in the future.

I have not tried to open and delete them as I banished them for a week I will have to find them first!

I have subsequently found that a number of my Mail Folders were moved to a new folder called 'Lost & Found' but credit to scanpst appeared to be complete and just needed renaming and moving. I do have one which is empty and will not delete but that is not a problem. I mention this because the crash seems to have been more severe than I first thought.[/quote]
    I went back and looked at the problem again after spending too many hours yesterday trying to sort it and I did mislead.
    The original appointment had the correct time and date BUT the reminder had yesterdays date and timing and the location had been removed.
    I therefore went through the future appointments one by one correcting the data after opening them from the calendar and it looks as though the reminders are now in order.

The moral is "Post in haste; Repent at Leisure". My Apologies for wasting your time.
    Ian