New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a client who has Office 2007 installed but it won't run. She has an older roll-your-own machine with XP SP3 a decent processor and 384 MB of RAM. She had been running Office 2003 but got an 07 upgrade through her son's school and he needs 07 to complete his school work. She was previously running 03 but upgraded to 07 when the school did. A friend then removed 03. I've tried uninstalling 07, planning to do a clean install, but it won't let me, either through add/remove or with the install disk.

Any thoughts as to how I might get her out of this jam? I know she needs a hardware refresh and a clean start on a better XP box but this is one of those what can we do with minimum Bucks deals.

Thanks,

Randomarrow

Thanks
    [quote name='Randomarrow' post='772814' date='28-Apr-2009 19:50']I have a client who has Office 2007 installed but it won't run. She has an older roll-your-own machine with XP SP3 a decent processor and 384 MB of RAM.[/quote]
    Are there any error messages? Does Office appear in the Task Manager's processes tab (it initializes but cannot start completely)?

More RAM might really help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='772816' date='28-Apr-2009 23:11']Are there any error messages? Does Office appear in the Task Manager's processes tab (it initializes but cannot start completely)?

More RAM might really help.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

Trying to start or uninstall 07 chunks along for a while and then puts out the message "Fatal Error during install" I don't know about Task Manager while it is working but its not there after it shows the error message and quits.

I know the system needs RAM but but I was told that before someone removed Office 03 that she could launch 07. I was hoping that if I could get a clean removal of 07 I could reinstall without 03 being present.

Thanks
    [quote name='Randomarrow' post='773006' date='29-Apr-2009 18:00']Trying to start or uninstall 07 chunks along for a while and then puts out the message "Fatal Error during install" I don't know about Task Manager while it is working but its not there after it shows the error message and quits.[/quote]
    Maybe this article will help? How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature (MSKB 928218)