Thread: error 502

New Lounger
    My dads computer gets a error 502 on explorer 7
    can anyone help with this problem

Plutonium Lounger
    There's usually some addtional text in the error message. Do you happen to know what it says?

Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA
    [quote name='icemaan001' post='772827' date='29-Apr-2009 03:21']My dads computer gets a error 502 on explorer 7
    can anyone help with this problem[/quote]

AS Hans said, there is usually additional information given to the 502 error code, such as "bad gateway" or "proxy error".
    I found this general info on the subject.
    This problem is due to poor IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including the Web server at the site you are trying to visit. Before analysing this problem, you should clear your browser cache completely.
    If you are surfing the Web and see this problem for all Web sites you try to visit, then either 1) your ISP has a major equipment failure/overload or 2) there is something wrong with your internal Internet connection e.g. your firewall is not functioning correctly. In the first case, only your ISP can help you. In the second case, you need to fix whatever it is that is preventing you reaching the Internet.
    If you get this problem for only some of the Web sites you try to visit then it is likely to be a problem at those sites i.e. one of their pieces of equipment is failing/overloaded. Contact the people at those sites.

Can you give us more detail?

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!