Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I have a query on hyperlink and cross referencing thing in the word document.
    Whenever we provide a hyperlink to the text in the document, there is "text to display" field in the Hyperlink window that allow us to enter the text that is to be displayed in the document as an hyprelink .
    Advantage: We can enter the text of our choice
    Disadavantage: The text doesn't get automatically updated if the text it is hyprelinked to changes

Whereas in Cross-reference the text that is displayed is same as the section that is cross referred through the cross referencing feature.
    Advantage:The text will dynamically update with the cross referred text (incase that is changed)
    Disdavantage: Incase if lots of cross-referenced text is provided in the document the links won't work in PDF (although they work fine in PDF)

I would like the advantage of Cross reference in Hyperlink utility also, that is, the text which we have cross-referred dynamically gets updated as with cross reference.
    Is it possible?

regards,
    M.Sharma

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by techwriter2k9' post='772858 View Post
    Whenever we provide a hyperlink to the text in the document, there is "text to display" field in the Hyperlink window that allow us to enter the text that is to be displayed in the document as an hyprelink .
    Advantage: We can enter the text of our choice
    Disadavantage: The text doesn't get automatically updated if the text it is hyprelinked to changes

Whereas in Cross-reference the text that is displayed is same as the section that is cross referred through the cross referencing feature.
    Advantage:The text will dynamically update with the cross referred text (incase that is changed)
    Disdavantage: Incase if lots of cross-referenced text is provided in the document the links won't work in PDF (although they work fine in PDF)

I would like the advantage of Cross reference in Hyperlink utility also, that is, the text which we have cross-referred dynamically gets updated as with cross reference.
    What happens if you double-up and embed a cross-reference in a Hyperlink field? Note that a cross-reference does not need to be a link --only the Hyperlink needs to be a link -- so the cross-reference appear to be "plain text" (although I have no idea how PDFMaker will see it).