Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a database (itís called master db) which will contain about 4k records. There are 20 departments that need access to the database; however, I only want them to have limited access to the data/records that is specific to their department.

Currently, we shared the information with each department by creating a Make-Table Query that creates a table with their specific data in a new database. This gives them the ability to extract/query the data to meet their specific needs. Since there are 20 departments, we have 20 make-table queries to create the tables in 20 separate databases.

The master db is consistently being updated, so the userís db/tables are only current each time we run the make-table query for the different departments.

I have a working knowledge of Access, but I do not consider myself an expert.

Iím looking for suggestions on how I can streamline the process to share the information in the master db with each department that they need, without having to run the 20 Make-Table Queries several times a day.

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could create frontend databases that link to the tables in the master database.
    The frontends could contain queries that select the records from the linked backend tables for a specific department.
    These queries can be used as the record source for the forms and reports in the frontend.
    That way you don't need to use make-table queries.