New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Word document that visually looks fine on my screen but when I print it out all the text prints vertically. My printer prints out other files just fine so I can only assume the problem is with the file. Also, I tried starting over with a new file and got the same results. Help!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Do you mean that page orientation has been set to Landscape instead of the default Portrait?

[attachment=83531:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (20.1 KB, 2 views)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No the letters of the text are actually stacked on top of each other like this:
    H
    E
    L
    L
    O

Only sideways. Think of this, "Hello" only each letter is turned 90 degrees counter clockwise.

[quote name='HansV' post='772967' date='29-Apr-2009 16:38']Welcome to the Lounge!

Do you mean that page orientation has been set to Landscape instead of the default Portrait?

[attachment=83531:x.png][/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you attach a small document that exhibits this behavior?

Thanks
    [quote name='msrusnak' post='772974' date='30-Apr-2009 07:03']No the letters of the text are actually stacked on top of each other like this:
    H
    E
    L
    L
    O

Only sideways. Think of this, "Hello" only each letter is turned 90 degrees counter clockwise.[/quote]
    May I suggest that you open an old document in Word, print and advise on that behaviour, as a precaution I would make a duplicate first of that file.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, I made a couple jpgs to demonstrate what's going on. The screen shot is what I'm actually looking at before I hit print and the other jpg is a scan of the actual printed product.

[quote name='E_OGRADY' post='772990' date='29-Apr-2009 18:41']May I suggest that you open an old document in Word, print and advise on that behaviour, as a precaution I would make a duplicate first of that file.[/quote]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have a Document Grid tab in the Page Setup dialog? If so, what is the Text Flow setting? It should be Horizontal, not Vertical.

(This option is only available if you have enabled support for East Asian languages)