2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To all,
    Anyone install XP SP3? Is it worth it? I noticed one of the other WOPR postings desscribing problems troube.

TIA.
    Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='MarkGuy12' post='773008' date='29-Apr-2009 22:41']Anyone install XP SP3? Is it worth it? I noticed one of the other WOPR postings desscribing problems troube.[/quote]
    If you give us a post number, we can check whatever example you're citing, but most of us (all?) that I know of have long since installed SP3 and are having NO trouble.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    SP3 doesn't contain any spectacular improvements, but installing it guarantees that you have all Windows updates and patches released between August, 2004 and April, 2008.

There were some problems initially, but they have been solved by now. I have installed SP3 on my home PC and on several PCs at work about a year ago (when the service pack was released) without encountering a single problem.

You can download the install file for the service pack from Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers. Although it says it's not intended for individual users, it's safe to download it.

After installing SP3, visit Microsoft Update to see what recent updates are available.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='MarkGuy12' post='773008' date='29-Apr-2009 21:41']To all,
    Anyone install XP SP3? Is it worth it? I noticed one of the other WOPR postings desscribing problems troube.[/quote]

I also have had it installed at home & at work almost immediately after it was released. I did not have any problems with the installation and it has been stable since.

Joe
    Joe