4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have two PCs networked, running Windows XP Home SP2. On one of them I upgraded from IE6 to IE7. Now I cannot access the internet at all. When I click on the IE7 icon a small window flashes briefly in the middle of the screen and then vanishes. No matter which method I use to start IE7, clicking an icon, clicking Start, all programs, etc, I get the same result. Just a brief flash then gone. Any suggestions? Will SystemRestore take me back to IE6 if I get it to return to a restore point from yesterday?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I have no idea why this problem occurs, but I can answer your last question: you can perform a system restore, or you can uninstall Internet Explorer 7 from the Add or Remove Programs control panel. In either option, Internet Explorer 6 will automatically be restored.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I may know what may have contributed to the initial problem. Before installing IE7 I disabled Norton Antivirus, but only for 15 minutes, not knowing the installation was going to be so long. After 15 minutes Norton came back on so I disabled it again. Maybe that caused some sort of hiccup. Anyway, I uninstalled IE7 and you are right, I was left with IE6. So this time I disabled Norton for an hour and everything seems to have gone well. Thanks for your input.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='philkiwi' post='773025' date='30-Apr-2009 04:22']I think I may know what may have contributed to the initial problem. Before installing IE7 I disabled Norton Antivirus, but only for 15 minutes, not knowing the installation was going to be so long. After 15 minutes Norton came back on so I disabled it again. Maybe that caused some sort of hiccup. Anyway, I uninstalled IE7 and you are right, I was left with IE6. So this time I disabled Norton for an hour and everything seems to have gone well. Thanks for your input.[/quote]

Unless you have a good reason to stick with IE7, I recommend you install Internet Explorer 8: Home page. It seems to me to be faster and much more stable than IE7.

Joe
    Joe