4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, have shifted a considerable number of records into a flat file from an excel sheet. I am imminently in the process of changing into one to many tables after a data clean up, but here are some duplicate and triplicate entries for client and their address details, clearly I only need one. Is there a way, by a piece of code or in a query where I can sift through to display just the duplicated entries?

Thanks, Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can use the Find Duplicates Query Wizard to create a query that returns the duplicates on specified fields. To start the wizard, activate the Queries section of the Database window, click New, select Find Duplicates Query Wizard and click OK.

If you want to weed out records that are identical in ALL fields, you could create a query based on the table that returns all fields, and set the Unique Values property of the query to Yes. Change the query into a Make Table query so that you can create a new table with the unique records.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='773036' date='30-Apr-2009 13:04']You can use the Find Duplicates Query Wizard to create a query that returns the duplicates on specified fields. To start the wizard, activate the Queries section of the Database window, click New, select Find Duplicates Query Wizard and click OK.

If you want to weed out records that are identical in ALL fields, you could create a query based on the table that returns all fields, and set the Unique Values property of the query to Yes. Change the query into a Make Table query so that you can create a new table with the unique records.[/quote]

Thank you V M Hans,

Darren.