Thread: BORDER PRINTING

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear members/moderators,

This is my first post and hope i am doing it right.

I am having problem with printing borders on my word document. The border at the foot of the document won't appear.

I tried adjusting the scale from page set up and margins(top , left , bottom & right), but it still won't appear.

Can you please suggest any solution if there exist one.?

I am using Windows XP and Word 2003.

Many thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ordinateur' post='773063' date='30-Apr-2009 15:28']The border at the foot of the document won't appear.[/quote]
    The most likely reason is that the border is too near the bottom of the page for your printer. Each printer has a minimum distance from the edge of the page that it can print and if your border is too close to the edge then you would get this.

Try printing the attached word document, this is just an A4 page with a series of lines at 0.25 cm intervals from the bottom edge, look to see how many of the lines print (if you aren't in a country that uses cm and A4 paper you may want to redo this with a different paper size and 1/8 inch intervals).

[attachment=83541:0.25cm_lines.doc]
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have the border in a footer? I know that often 'suppress on page 1' is the default. Just a thought.
    Patricia

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    [quote name='ordinateur' post='773063' date='01-May-2009 00:28']Dear members/moderators,

This is my first post and hope i am doing it right.

I am having problem with printing borders on my word document. The border at the foot of the document won't appear. I tried adjusting the scale from page set up and margins(top , left , bottom & right), but it still won't appear.

Can you please suggest any solution if there exist one.? I am using Windows XP and Word 2003.

Many thanks [/quote]
    Hi ordinateur,

A common reason for this is that the printer is set up for a shorter paper size than the document - for example, Letter paper (21.6*27.9cm) in the printer when the document is set up for A4 (21*29.7cm) stationery. This often will also cause the border to print closer to one side of the paper than the other.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]