New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello! I’m having a tough problem with Word 2007.
    I have a master document (10 pages) that I want to have clickable hyperlinks to reference other documents (emails, word docs, etc.)
    Here’s the tough part. How do I save the master doc and all the associated reference documents so that the single master document can be emailed? The recipient would then have the master document and the embedded docs. I can do this for a local document as the links reference a location on my pc, but when the file is emailed the references, obviously, no longer work.

What’s the solution?

Thanks a bunch.
    M

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I know I can insert (Paste Special) the content as an Office Document Object and display it as an Icon. But how can I select test (like a hyperlink) instead of having a giant icon in the doc?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

If you place the linked documents in the same folder as the Word document, and create a zip file with all the documents, you can e-mail the zip file. The recipient will have to unzip the files before opening the document.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='773161' date='30-Apr-2009 16:20']Welcome to the Lounge!

If you place the linked documents in the same folder as the Word document, and create a zip file with all the documents, you can e-mail the zip file. The recipient will have to unzip the files before opening the document.[/quote]

Ok, I could try a self-extracting zip file with the master doc and the reference docs. Will the hyperlinks I setup in the master doc dynamically update to reflect the new location of the supporting docs on the recipients computer?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Word usually makes the links relative if you place the documents in the same folder as the document.

Our moderator (and Word MVP) macropod has described a way of making links relative in Relative Paths in Word Fields (All).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for your help!