2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In a database function, is there a way to set up the criteria so that a common field header can be used when copying the formula down. (please see attachment as I can't explain it very well) In the attached example, simply locking the field header with an absolute address for the field header ($c$1:c2) simply extends the range to $c$1:c3, $c$1:c4, $c$1:c5, etc. I've always setup formulas as in columns B and C and used outlining to remove the replication of the field header (rows 3,5,7,9,11). This is necessary to graph the data.

This process is unacceptable for large amounts of criteria to be evaluated. So I guess I'm looking to setup a discontinuous range as my criteria.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd create a pivot table or else use SUMIF formulas instead of DSUM.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Zeno,
    Not sure if I fully understand but iof you are looking to get the names only in Col G
    in G2 =INDIRECT("C" & (ROW()*2)-2) and copy down.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, I'd like to be able to specify as the criteria range in the database formula as (G1 and G2) in the first row, then (G1 and G3), (G1 and G4), (G1 and G5), ..... for each subsequent row.

I'm trying to eliminate the need to physically repeat the field header for each separate criteria range. In the example, G1 is the field header and I only want one instance of that on the spreadsheet.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm afraid that DSUM doesn't work that way.