New Lounger
    Thanks
    I hope somebody can help me with this.

I recently bought a new laptop that has a display resolution of 1,920x1,080 pixels. I use Outlook 2003 SP3 for my e-mail. The problem is when I receive HTML mail the text size (and graphics too for that matter) are very small and almost impossible to read. I have no problems with mail received in plain text because I already changed the settings in Outlook to display incoming mail in a larger font size. I don't know how to make HTML mail display a larger size. I also have Internet Explorer 8 which has already been set to display web pages at a size that I find comfortable.

I suppose I can always change my computer's display to a lower resolution but that would be a waste of my laptop's capabilities. Can anybody help?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Do you use Word as mail editor? If so, you can set a larger zoom percentage in View | Zoom.

If not, you can select Tools | Options..., activate the Mail Format tab and click Fonts...
    Set the font sizes the way you want and select the option "Always use my fonts", then click OK.

Yet another option is to activate the Display Properties control panel, activate the Settings tab and click Advanced. In the General tab, change the DPI setting from Normal to Large. This will affect ALL applications, not just Outlook.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans. Many thanks for the input but ......

- I don't use Word as editor and I would prefer not to because using Word slows down Outlook. However, I tried it and I still can't make HTML messages appear larger. It only works if I forward the message and then change the font size in the message to be forwarded but then the whole message appears funny because the text size is enlarged but not the graphics. In some areas the text overlaps and obscures other text and/or the graphics.
    - Setting the font sizes only works for plain text and not HTML.
    - I already have my DPI settings at 150%. Anything larger messes up other programs.

I face the same problems when I use Windows Mail (the program that came with Vista). It seems to be a problem with how Windows handles HTML mail.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maplewoods' post='773236 View Post
    I suppose I can always change my computer's display to a lower resolution but that would be a waste of my laptop's capabilities.
    It also leads to blurriness as data spreads across pixels, so that definitely would be the last resort.