2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was obliged to install "outlook connector" to get access to an e-mail account at my ISP that I rarely use (I had account problems and needed it). It appears that no additions were made to my Outlook.pst file after this installation but there is now a "stonecherub_q.ost file in my outlook folder (I am stonecherub@q.com).

When I go away, I copy the pst file to my portable and then move it back on return. There are some missing e mails I wish I had.

Is Microsquash trying to drive me to a different e-mail client?
    Dan Lynch
    The stonecherub

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecherub' post='773446 View Post
    When I go away, I copy the pst file to my portable and then move it back on return. There are some missing e mails I wish I had.
    Hmmm, well, I'm not familiar with the Outlook Connector, but since it created an .ost file, it's possible that it changed the delivery point for your other email accounts (at least temporarily) to also be delivered to the .ost. Does the .ost still appear in your folder tree? If so, you could copy messages from there to your preexisting Inbox.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='stonecherub' post='773446' date='02-May-2009 16:51']I was obliged to install "outlook connector" to get access to an e-mail account at my ISP that I rarely use (I had account problems and needed it). It appears that no additions were made to my Outlook.pst file after this installation but there is now a "stonecherub_q.ost file in my outlook folder (I am stonecherub@q.com).

Is Microsquash trying to drive me to a different e-mail client?[/quote]

When you add an e-mail account using the Outlook Connector you now get a .ost file created automatically. It is similar to a cached Exchange account. All e-mail for the account is delivered to the .ost file. You can create the same account on your portable/notebook and the account should work just fine. Whatever work you do on the notebook should be reflected in the other/main/non-portable .ost file when you next login.

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a gmail account that Outlook connector conveniently copies incoming mail to my inbox from.