Thread: ICPLabs?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

I have this problem. Every time I log on to Vista, there's this dialog box prompting me to either cancel or run this application called "ICPLabs.exe", and nothing happens when I click cancel, but when I run it, the entire computer just slows down so much! I can't even open up the Sart Menu, except by waiting for a few minutes. It's recent, and some recent applications I've installed are Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10, the Adobe Flash Player Plug0in for Firefox, and Windows Sidebar Styler. I'm not sure which one it is, although it could be a Windows update issue. Any solutions? Thanks in advance.
    The referee...signing off!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

1) Are you sure about the filename? I can find it only once in Google, in a Spanish-language site.

2) Are your anti-virus and anti-spyware applications up-to-date, and have you ran a full scan recently?

3) You can use Microsoft's free utility Autoruns for Windows to find out which applications and processes are started automatically. Disabling a startup item is as simple as clearing a check box.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='773470' date='02-May-2009 20:04']Welcome to the Lounge!

1) Are you sure about the filename? I can find it only once in Google, in a Spanish-language site.

2) Are your anti-virus and anti-spyware applications up-to-date, and have you ran a full scan recently?

3) You can use Microsoft's free utility Autoruns for Windows to find out which applications and processes are started automatically. Disabling a startup item is as simple as clearing a check box.[/quote]
    I downloaded Autorun, and I found it! Apparently, it's something called "Windows Data Service". I recognize the icon, though. I'll have to scan it. Thanks!
    The referee...signing off!