Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Excel Check Box True/False
2009-05-04, 09:45 #1
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm working in Excel 2003 and trying to create an electronic form. I've added a checkbox but instead of just seeing the tag associated with the box ("Yes, I'll attend"), I'm also getting "True" or "False" depending on whether the box is checked or not. I cannot figure out how to get rid of this! Thanks for any help.
2009-05-04, 14:09 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Welcome to the Lounge!
It's possible to link a check box to a cell on your worksheet. This cell will display TRUE if the check box is ticked and FALSE if it is cleared.
To avoid this, don't link the check box to a cell.
For a check box from the Forms toolbar:
- Right-click the check box.
- Select Format Control... from the popup menu.
- Clear the Link to Cell box.
- Click OK.
For a check box from the Control Toolbox toolbar:
- Activate Design mode (first button on the Control Toolbox).
- Select the check box.
- Click the Properties button on the Control Toolbox.
- Clear the Linked Cell property.
- Turn off Design mode.