4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a way to underline a string of text, some of which is subscript, so that the underline is beneath both the standard letters and the subscript. When I try it, the underline under the standard letters is at the same level as the midpoint of the subscript letters and the underline breaks and jogs down under the subscripts. I'd like a solid straight line with no jogs in it.

thanks for the suggestions.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you really need to underline text? It's considered rather old-fashioned nowadays, a relict of the typewriter era. Bold or Italic are better ways to emphasize text.

As an alternative, you could draw a line (from the Drawing toolbar) below the text.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='773707' date='04-May-2009 21:47']Do you really need to underline text? It's considered rather old-fashioned nowadays, a relict of the typewriter era. Bold or Italic are better ways to emphasize text.

As an alternative, you could draw a line (from the Drawing toolbar) below the text.[/quote]

I used a line and it works ok, (it's the dividing line between the numerator and denominator in an equation and I don't really want to fool with the equation editior)

I was hoping for something a bit more elegant than a drawn line........

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jepalmer' post='773715' date='04-May-2009 23:21']I was hoping for something a bit more elegant than a drawn line........[/quote]
    I don't think there is a better method, since you don't want to use the equation editor.