New Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently purchased a Tribeca USB device as I wish tobackup some of my files. When I backed up my files, everything seemed to work well. I removed the device from the back of my computer and a few days later, I put the device back in and on my computer it shows it under drive D removable disk. This is fine except once I click on it it asks to please insert a disk. How can that be when this Tribeca device is already inserted in the back of the computer? Also, it appears that the files i had already put on it are gone. Please advise. Ron

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ronboule' post='773780' date='05-May-2009 07:24']I recently purchased a Tribeca USB device ...[/quote]
    Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I've never heard of Tribeca. Do you mind posting back with the complete name and model so I can read up on it? Did it have any software to install?

Since you've plugged it back in and Windows recognizes that it's there, how about right-clicking on My Computer, select Manage and (per this screenshot) see what it says about the drive. I know you're new here, but it might also help if you can post a screenshot of what you see. If you need help with that, our FAQ at Post 759433 might help you. Thanks.

[attachment=83605:2009_05_05_075853.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='773782' date='05-May-2009 07:07']Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I've never heard of Tribeca. Do you mind posting back with the complete name and model so I can read up on it? Did it have any software to install?

Since you've plugged it back in and Windows recognizes that it's there, how about right-clicking on My Computer, select Manage and (per this screenshot) see what it says about the drive. I know you're new here, but it might also help if you can post a screenshot of what you see. If you need help with that, our FAQ at Post 759433 might help you. Thanks.[/quote]

BigAl,

Here's a very sparse site that tells you almost nothing - Tribeca Flash.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='ronboule' post='773780' date='05-May-2009 07:24'][/quote]

If you have checked Joe's link to the Tribeca site, Support Tab, have you tried to install the Upgrade Device Utility that it mentions?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've had a couple of USB flash drives lately that have played up in ASUS laptops.

When I inserted the drive, I got the little 'beep' but no green removal arrow and no listing under My Computer.

What I found was that there was an entry in Hardware Device Manager with a yellow question mark for a USB device, and as soon as I updated the driver the flash drive was available. I had to do that for each USB port and each flash drive for one user.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='773782' date='05-May-2009 07:07']Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Since you've plugged it back in and Windows recognizes that it's there, how about right-clicking on My Computer, select Manage and (per this screenshot) see what it says about the drive. I know you're new here, but it might also help if you can post a screenshot of what you see. If you need help with that, our FAQ at Post 759433 might help you. Thanks.[/quote]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    That is all I know it as. This drive plugs into the USB port on the back of the computer, is about 2 inchs long and has 4 GB of memory. It has no software to install and costs 15.00 dollars. Thank you for your help. Ron

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ronboule' post='773857' date='05-May-2009 19:28']That is all I know it as. This drive plugs into the USB port on the back of the computer, is about 2 inchs long and has 4 GB of memory. It has no software to install and costs 15.00 dollars. Thank you for your help. Ron[/quote]
    First, I'm sure you meant those last two posts to be one. If you type your response AFTER the closing quote it would have appeared as this one will.

What I'm fishing for is what your computer "sees" for what sounds like a thumb drive now that you've described it. I know it's asking a lot of a new Lounger, but a screenshot or two would help. I have a few thumb drives and when I plug one in, here's how my computer see it, first in Windows Explorer and then in Disk Management:

[attachment=83622:2009_05_06_075027.png]

[attachment=83624:0001.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images