New Lounger
    Thanks

Help! Win2K system startup goof!

Well, I had more questions, but a quick read-through of the previous posts answered all but one. Bravo, Loungers.

Thinking I was such a conscientious user, I decided to do a "chkdsk /f" to check out my c: drive, due to some lockup problems I've been having (tho that's a whole 'nother post). When I went to the command prompt to do so I got the message asking me to have Win perform the check the next time Windows starts. I chose yes. Now every time I start Windows I have to live thru checkdisk! Help?! I tried going back to the command prompt and choosing "no" but that didn't work. How can I get 2k to boot normally again?

Thanks much for any and all help you can provide. I appreciate it!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help! Win2K system startup goof!

Can you get into a setup screen while your computer is booting that has this turned on?

Thanks

It sounds like using the /f switch may have set a key in the registry. Check out:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q218/4/61.ASP>Q218461</A> [b]Description of Enhanced Chkdsk, Autochk, and Chkntfs Tools in Windows 2000

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Leif! I think this is what I'm looking for. Now if I can just fix it without destroying my system...