2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it just me who thinks Words help is beyond rubbish? I have tried help and get millions of unrelated results!

I used to create forms in Word 2003 which I would publish as a web page. This page had a submit button set to mailto an email address. This would send me the results of the form in a message and i could copy and paste the text into a spreadsheet. I could get this button from the web tools toolbar.

I have looked at Microsofts interactive guides that tell me not all 2003 options have an equivialant in Word 2007.

I have found the appropriate button and added it to the QAT but it is greyed out.

Any ideas how I could get around this without going into loads of code? Or a better option - a form in outlook.

Thanks

Michelle

Thanks
    [quote name='meames' post='773788' date='05-May-2009 06:26']I used to create forms in Word 2003 which I would publish as a web page. This page had a submit button set to mailto an email address. This would send me the results of the form in a message and i could copy and paste the text into a spreadsheet. I could get this button from the web tools toolbar.

I have looked at Microsofts interactive guides that tell me not all 2003 options have an equivialant in Word 2007.

I have found the appropriate button and added it to the QAT but it is greyed out.

Any ideas how I could get around this without going into loads of code? Or a better option - a form in outlook.[/quote]
    If you prefer an Outlook form, that is a completely different question. The code to submit an HTML form to an email address instead of a web page is not very complicated. If you view the page source for one of your old pages and search for action= you should find the necessary snippet of code in the <form> tag to generate an email message. If you then search for type="submit or type=submit you can find the snippet of HTML that generates the submit button.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='773835' date='05-May-2009 21:30']If you prefer an Outlook form, that is a completely different question. The code to submit an HTML form to an email address instead of a web page is not very complicated. If you view the page source for one of your old pages and search for action= you should find the necessary snippet of code in the <form> tag to generate an email message. If you then search for type="submit or type=submit you can find the snippet of HTML that generates the submit button.[/quote]

I think I meant to say would an outlook form be a better option, however i have found out it wouldn't as different versions of outlook currently 2 different servers and some who use only OWA would make this a nightmare.

I opened an old page that I knew worked in word 2007 made a small text change, saved and published on the intranet (therefore exactly same as the old one!) the email that it sends back is blank, where as the old page sends me

1=yes
    2=No
    3=Yes

Thanks

Michelle

Thanks
    [quote name='meames' post='774066' date='07-May-2009 03:13']I opened an old page that I knew worked in word 2007 made a small text change, saved and published on the intranet (therefore exactly same as the old one!) the email that it sends back is blank, where as the old page sends me

1=yes
    2=No
    3=Yes[/quote]
    When you say you made a small change, did you use Word as your editor? It seems that Word is the problem, so I recommend using WordPad or another text editor (I like PSPad). I can think of two possible strategies for working around the problem:

(1) Copy the working HTML file and edit the copy into your new file in a text editor. It will be harder to find what you're looking for, and you will miss the easy styling and formatting in Word, but the functionality should be preserved.

(2) Open the old (working) and new (non-working) HTML pages in a text editor and copy the critical elements from the working page to the non-working page. As noted above, the most critical probably is the <form> tag's action attribute.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to resolve questions about HTML pages without actually seeing the code.