Thread: Radio Buttons

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using radio buttons from the forms toolbar to answer questions for rating 0-5 and linking them to aa cell so they will show the result. I did the first three questions and they linked just fine. I went to put in another radio button for question four and it automatically links to the previous questions cell in the properties. I tried deleting it and placing a new radio button but it continues to link to the previous group of radio buttons. I tried placing it in a group box and that did not work. If I change the properties of the new radio button, it changes the properties of the previous radio buttons. UGH. Why is this doing this and how can I get the radio buttons to stop linking when I add them?

Also, how do you get a radio button to calculate 0? Or can't you? Currently, I have to use a check box
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi:
    When you use a radio button, the value begins with 1 (one) and with each button within a frame the value is increased (2, 3, 4, etc), then, you cannot begin with 0 (zero), but, you can put the value in a cell hides (O20, O22, etc) and then you can use a formula in your cell like this =O20-1.

See the attached file.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Servando' date='05-May-2009 18:16' post='773815']
    Hi:
    When you use a radio button, the value begins with 1 (one) and with each button within a frame the value is increased (2, 3, 4, etc), then, you cannot begin with 0 (zero), but, you can put the value in a cell hides (O20, O22, etc) and then you can use a formula in your cell like this =O20-1.

See the attached file.
    [/quEVERYTHIME I ADD A RADIO BUTTON IT LINKS TO THE LAST SET OF RADIO BUTTONS!!! UGH WHY IS IT DOING THIS? HOW DID YOU GET ANOTHER SET OF RADIO BUTTONS TOWORK? i CANNOT PLACE ANOTHER RADIO BUTTON ON THE PAGE WITHOUT THE LAST SET OF OPTION BUTTONS STOP WORKING.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='tando2001' post='773819' date='05-May-2009 12:39']...i CANNOT PLACE ANOTHER RADIO BUTTON ON THE PAGE WITHOUT THE LAST SET OF OPTION BUTTONS STOP WORKING.[/quote]

The size of frame is important, the buttons must be INSIDE of it, then you must make frame greater so that it does not have problems (Width and Height).

Before
    Height 0.271 inches Width 1.69 inches
    Now
    Height 0.291 inches Width 1.86 inches

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Servando.

How to create Radio button in Excel, can you explain the the steps.

I want to make similar report to get the feedback from our customer.

VVK

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi anyone

pls explain the steps.

VVK

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Each group of radio buttons must be completely enclosed in a group box. It's easiest if you create the group box first, then place the radio buttons inside it, but you can always enlarge the group box later if necessary (as pointed out by Servando).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans,

Good Afternoon.

We created Group box and option Button. Can you explain further steps in this, how to link to Numbers.

VVK

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Right-click any of the radio buttons.
    Select "Format Control" from the popup menu.
    If necessary, activate the Control tab.
    Click in the "Cell link" box.
    Type the address of a cell, or point to a cell with the mouse.
    Click OK.
    Now click outside the radio button.
    All radio buttons within the group box will automatically be linked to the same cell.

The value of the cell will correspond to the selected radio button (1=first, 2=second etc.)

In your sample workbook, the first and second radio buttons had somehow been switched, I have corrected that in the attached version. The radio buttons have been linked to cell A1.

If you click a radio button, you'll see the value of cell A1 change.
    Conversely, if you change the value of cell A1, the corresponding radio button will be selected.

[attachment=83735:Radio_Button.xls]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans

Good Morning,

Thanks you very much.

VVK