2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    I found a notification for a download for Adobe reader in my system tray. I tried to let it do it's thing, but the update failed to install leaving the message below.
    L drive comes up in my computer if I attach an external drive like a USB key or my TomTom or my external hard drive. I have no idea why it would want this..
    Do I really need it?
    Any input would be massively appreciated.
    Thanks
    Peppurr
    [attachment=83620:Adobe.JPG]

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    [quote name='Peppurr101' post='773889' date='06-May-2009 04:15']Hello all,
    I found a notification for a download for Adobe reader in my system tray. I tried to let it do it's thing, but the update failed to install leaving the message below.
    L drive comes up in my computer if I attach an external drive like a USB key or my TomTom or my external hard drive. I have no idea why it would want this..
    Do I really need it?
    Any input would be massively appreciated.[/quote]

The Windows Installer can do some strange things when the original installation source is not available and the update expects is to be there.

You could try the full download from a source such as |MG| Adobe Reader 9.1.

Joe
    Joe

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Peppurr101' post='773889' date='06-May-2009 03:15']I found a notification for a download for Adobe reader in my system tray. I tried to let it do it's thing, but the update failed to install leaving the message below. L drive comes up in my computer if I attach an external drive like a USB key or my TomTom or my external hard drive. I have no idea why it would want this.[/quote]
    I have had the same problem in the past with Adobe Updater; it aborts when an expected mapped drive is not present. You can go through the nuisance of remapping the "L" drive so it's a removable drive, or like me, you can just plug a drive in and make Adobe happy, or you can use Joe's advice (a variant of which is to uninstall the product and then do a full install of the upgrade).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='773925' date='06-May-2009 15:15']I have had the same problem in the past with Adobe Updater; it aborts when an expected mapped drive is not present. You can go through the nuisance of remapping the "L" drive so it's a removable drive, or like me, you can just plug a drive in and make Adobe happy, or you can use Joe's advice (a variant of which is to uninstall the product and then do a full install of the upgrade).[/quote]

Thanks guys..
    Maybe I'll just plug in a thumb drive and try again..
    Let you know how it works out!
    Thanks
    Peppurr