Thread: Windows 7 Forum

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know how many Loungers received the email notification about the Win 7 RC, but it contained a link to the Win 7 forum pages that we should know: Windows 7 Category. If you don't have it bookmarked already, I'd recommend it.

As I mentioned in another thread, my installation of Win 7 RC didn't recognize my SoundBlaster X-Fi sound card BUT I immediately found a link in the forum to a set of updated drivers and now I have sound.

I do have a number of other hardware things to get squared away such as my Canon scanner, Logitech keyboard, new HP printer, etc. So, I've just barely scratched the surface. About all I've done since installing, aside from this sound stuff, is setup my usual folders for temp stuff and software download storage. I also unlocked that darn taskbar so I could autohide it. I need to find the place to set single click, and ...

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='773895' date='06-May-2009 12:30']About all I've done since installing, aside from this sound stuff, is setup my usual folders for temp stuff and software download storage. I also unlocked that darn taskbar so I could autohide it. I need to find the place to set single click, and ...[/quote]
    There really ought to be an extensive article for each new operating system, entitled: "Where Microsoft has hidden this time what you knew how to do in the previous version"...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Al,
    I have downloaded the Vista drivers and software for my Canon LiDE25 scanner, and they work just fine, as designed.
    As for the HP printers, we have a HP 1220c (Vista machine) and HP Lazerjet 2100 (XP Machine) connected across the network. I used the Printer wizard and things work great. As soon as I check for updates, there were new drivers available, and I installed them, and things are still working.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='773895' date='06-May-2009 07:30']I need to find the place to set single click, and ...[/quote]

Have you found the "Single Click option yet?
    I haven't.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='773960' date='06-May-2009 11:07']Have you found the "Single Click option yet?
    I haven't. [/quote]

Yes, it is where it always has been.
    Windows Explorer, Organize, Folder and Search Options. Then MID pane of the first tab.

Also, it has been reported that the "Clicking speed" may be set way to high, so, check out the properties of your mouse.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='773961' date='06-May-2009 14:21']Yes, it is where it always has been.[/quote]
    Careful of your "grammar" Dave. For those coming from XP, it's BEEN in Tools, Folder Options and right there in plain sight on the first tab (General). I'm not in Vista now, so I don't remember about that one.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='773966' date='06-May-2009 14:22']Careful of your "grammar" Dave. For those coming from XP, it's BEEN in Tools, Folder Options and right there in plain sight on the first tab (General). I'm not in Vista now, so I don't remember about that one.[/quote]

The options for Vista are in the same place as Windows 7.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='773961' date='06-May-2009 14:21']Yes, it is where it always has been.
    Windows Explorer, Organize, Folder and Search Options. Then MID pane of the first tab.

Also, it has been reported that the "Clicking speed" may be set way to high, so, check out the properties of your mouse.[/quote]
    Yeah, I found right after I posted that message but in Control Panel>Folder Options> General
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    My Canon 8400F installed just fine using the Vista drivers and Canoscan toolbox software.

I'm not having any luck with my HP BRAND NEW 6988 ink jet printer. The HP software checks to see if there are any updates and there are none. It then refuses to install becuase my OS is not on the "list" even if I try to install as an Administrator. I'll keep looking... maybe something will turn up. It's early in the cycle...