Thread: Latest patches

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Not sure if this is the correct forum, but can't find Woody's recommendations re. the latest MS patches. I have system set to notify but not download and am not sure what to do. There are big ones, such as IE 8 and SP2 for Vista so I really want lounge advice before proceeding. Did I somehow miss the Woody advice which follows Patch Tuesday.

Advice on where to determine answers much appreciated!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='IreneLinda' post='773924' date='06-May-2009 09:15']Not sure if this is the correct forum, but can't find Woody's recommendations re. the latest MS patches. I have system set to notify but not download and am not sure what to do. There are big ones, such as IE 8 and SP2 for Vista so I really want lounge advice before proceeding. Did I somehow miss the Woody advice which follows Patch Tuesday.

Advice on where to determine answers much appreciated![/quote]

I have not had any problem installing IE8 or Vista SP-2. I generally apply the patch Tuesday patches at home within a day or two. At work I usually install on my PC (Vista Business), 1 XP Pro PC and a small server within a day and then authorize for the remainder of the PCs a couple of days later.

Note: I did not use Windows Update to install Vista SP-2. I downloaded the full Vista SP-2 package from MSDN.

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='773934' date='06-May-2009 15:57']I have not had any problem installing IE8 or Vista SP-2. I generally apply the patch Tuesday patches at home within a day or two. At work I usually install on my PC (Vista Business), 1 XP Pro PC and a small server within a day and then authorize for the remainder of the PCs a couple of days later.

Note: I did not use Windows Update to install Vista SP-2. I downloaded the full Vista SP-2 package from MSDN.

Joe[/quote]
    Thanks, Joe. Like your suggestion re. where to get SP2 and will download from that site as well. As for IE8, will let Windows Update handle that one. Appreciate the prompt reply!

Linda