New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am looking for some help on VBA code to count the number of command button clicks in a word doc and export the final count to a excel spreadsheet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Ananta

Thanks
    [quote name='Ananta' post='774047' date='06-May-2009 23:40']I am looking for some help on VBA code to count the number of command button clicks in a word doc and export the final count to a excel spreadsheet.[/quote]
    Word supports internal Document Variables as a potential place to store a running count of clicks. Do you intend for the user to click the buttons and export his or her own results, or will data need to be gathered from multiple users? I ask because the option to remove private data on save may create complications for storing clicks in the document itself.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Ananta' post='774047' date='07-May-2009 02:40']Hi,

I am looking for some help on VBA code to count the number of command button clicks in a word doc and export the final count to a excel spreadsheet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Ananta[/quote]

The attached file provides a working example roughly along the lines identified by Jefferson. It creates a csv file which Excel can open. Note that you will have to set the filespec constant in the Document_Close procedure to a viable pathname.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Don