Thread: non event code

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a date field on a form, when this date has been reeched and passed I need a tick box to auto change to yes. Is this possible and since this is not an event how would I model my code?

Many thanks, Darren.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='iksotof' post='774054' date='07-May-2009 20:57']I have a date field on a form, when this date has been reeched and passed I need a tick box to auto change to yes. Is this possible and since this is not an event how would I model my code?

Many thanks, Darren.[/quote]
    You could use the following in a query that is the recordsource of the form,
    TickBoxField: IIf(Datefield >= Date(), True, False)
    Datefield and tickboxfield are fields in the query. Substitute your own names.
    HTH

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Patt, I'd like to do it in Vb if possible. What I have is main form A, sub b and sub C. The date is on sub c and the control i want to show as yes is on
    sub B. So if the date in sub c is say 07 may, I need tick in sub b to show yes lets say seven days later. Any thoughts would be most helpful. My forms are bound to tables.

Thanks, Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd use the On Current event of sub B for this: when the user moves to a different record, the code looks at the date value on sub C and if today is at least a week later than that date, it ticks a check box.

See Refer to Form and Subform properties and controls to learn how to refer to a control on a subform.