New Lounger
    Thanks
    hello my friends,
    having constructed a Word page of mixed Text and Drawing Insertions,
    can we Group the whole page into a Fixed image.jpg ?

because im finding that when such a .docx or .rtf is sent to a web builder,
    all the Drawings get lost. thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you need the whole page layout as an image then you will need to either screen capture the document or save it to PDF and then create the JPG or PNG from that format. You will have better luck making images from Acrobat.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Andrew Lockton' post='774071' date='07-May-2009 11:41']If you need the whole page layout as an image then you will need to either screen capture the document or save it to PDF and then create the JPG or PNG from that format. You will have better luck making images from Acrobat.[/quote]

***ok thanks Australia ! are you saying Word can save as .pdf but not then create image.jpg
    so have to go to Acrobat to do it ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='WordDabbler' post='774056' date='07-May-2009 04:23']hello my friends,
    having constructed a Word page of mixed Text and Drawing Insertions,

all the Drawings get lost. thanks.[/quote]

That would seem to be an issue with whatever "web builder" software is being used.

With the recently released Office 2007 SP-2 you can save to PDF format without any additional addins. See Description of 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) and of Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 SP2 for more information. Also, see List of all 2007 Office system Service Pack 2 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 packages.

If you don't have SP-2 see Download details: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='WordDabbler' post='774056' date='07-May-2009 02:23']having constructed a Word page of mixed Text and Drawing Insertions,

all the Drawings get lost.[/quote]
    First question: Are the drawings images in recognized web formats, e.g., .png/.gif/.jpg? Or are the drawings embedded objects, such as Visio drawings, or Windows image formats such as .wmf?

Second question: Are the drawings linked from disk, or actually stored in the .docx or .rtf file? You can guess where I'm going with that question.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='774103' date='07-May-2009 14:50']With the recently released Office 2007 SP-2 you can save to PDF format without any additional addins. See Description of 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) and of Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 SP2 for more information. Also, see List of all 2007 Office system Service Pack 2 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 packages.

If you don't have SP-2 see Download details: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS.[/quote]
    ***ok solved !! yes i got sp2, and just noticed the Acrobat tab (i dont use this much), so converted a 5 page .docx into .pdf
    then again into 5x .jpg - wonderful ! now i put the .jpg into the website, and all working. many thanks guys