liner
    Is there a way, using only the stuff in Office or XP Pro, that allows me to print a large batch of images with the filename also printed?

Large to me means about 3,000 images.

I work for a paranoid corporation that severely restricts the software that I am allowed to use.

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='liner' post='774118' date='07-May-2009 10:08']Is there a way, using only the stuff in Office or XP Pro, that allows me to print a large batch of images with the filename also printed?

Large to me means about 3,000 images.

I work for a paranoid corporation that severely restricts the software that I am allowed to use.[/quote]

Do you want the filename printed above, below, superimposed, in a separate list?

Joe

liner
    [quote name='joeperez' post='774120' date='07-May-2009 10:23']Do you want the filename printed above, below, superimposed, in a separate list?

Joe[/quote]

The filename must be on the same sheet as the image. Certain images are related to each other, but my only relationship information is in the filename.

The location of the filename does not matter.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Why use Word, have you had a look at the "Photo Print Wizard" that comes with Windows XP and Vista?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

liner
    [quote name='DaveA' post='774131' date='07-May-2009 11:20']Why use Word, have you had a look at the "Photo Print Wizard" that comes with Windows XP and Vista?[/quote]

As you will note I am not restricting myself to Word, or Office. XP programs are fine.

But, as far as I can see, there is no way of printing the filename along with the image. If there is, let me know.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I swear that one had the option to display files names, but that was some time ago.
    But you might try Faststone Image Viewer from http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Once installed, select the images, then go to the menu "Create, 'Contact Sheet Builder'.

This will make a singe 'jpg' of the selected images with file names.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='liner' post='774172' date='07-May-2009 12:02']As you will note I am not restricting myself to Word, or Office. XP programs are fine.

But, as far as I can see, there is no way of printing the filename along with the image. If there is, let me know.[/quote]

When I use Windows Photo Gallery in Vista and use print contact sheet, the file name shows for me, granted the full path does not print, but the file name is there, right below the picture.
    Ed
    "Somebody left the cork out of my lunch." - W. C. Fields

liner
    [quote name='edsmalley' post='774191' date='07-May-2009 15:52']When I use Windows Photo Gallery in Vista and use print contact sheet, the file name shows for me, granted the full path does not print, but the file name is there, right below the picture.[/quote]

Thanks, sort of. I tried the contact print routine in the Photo Printing Wizard from NT
    GOOD NEWS: It prints the file name under the image. And, I don't need the path so that is fine.
    BAD NEWS: It prints 35 images/page, which is too small. I need the image to be full sized, or shrunk to fit a single page.

[Side bar: I can get to this program from a right click, but I cannot start it up.]