5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    Again The Sun put in their inimitable style: "I would rather have the occasional bacon sarnie than be 110 and dribbling into my All-Bran".
    My philosophy on life summed up in one sentence!
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='SteveH' post='774255' date='08-May-2009 04:38']So as you reach for your yum, perhaps sometimes pause a moment and realise that you are taking a gamble on the yuk occurring, but that it may be a risk worth taking.[/quote]

Here! Here! As a true Breakfast Lover I agree! I had to look up Bacon Sarnie (and related recipes) and have decided that I am going to make one (or more) of these this weekend. Strictly for research of course! Just need to find a source for some thicker British style bacon that sounds so good.

We have something similar here generally referred to as the 'Breakfast Sandwich'. There are a number of variations available through our major fast food outlets:
    McDonald's Egg McMuffin or Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit/Croissant

Dunkin' Donuts' Bacon, Egg & Cheese Croissant

Of course every local breakfast joint also has it's own variant that are usually very well done.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='MickeyMouse' post='774299' date='08-May-2009 14:01']Here! Here! As a true Breakfast Lover I agree! I had to look up Bacon Sarnie (and related recipes) and have decided that I am going to make one (or more) of these this weekend. Strictly for research of course! Just need to find a source for some thicker British style bacon that sounds so good.

We have something similar here generally referred to as the 'Breakfast Sandwich'. There are a number of variations available through our major fast food outlets:
    McDonald's Egg McMuffin or Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit/Croissant

Dunkin' Donuts' Bacon, Egg & Cheese Croissant

Of course every local breakfast joint also has it's own variant that are usually very well done.[/quote]

Hi Mickey

Never, never, make the mistake of any yuk coming out of a 'Golden Arches' or BK joint as being a bacon sarnie

Take a walk on the wild side and buy a plain, bleached, split tin loaf, cut off the first crust and crumble for the birds then cut two thick slices, about 1/2 to 3/4's of a inch and liberally apply proper butter. Use best unsmoked back bacon, if you can't find the thickness do not compromise, cook twice as much!! add to bread, cut in half and pig out (pun intended)

For personal preference I add black pepper and brown sauce (Daddies).

These are to die for, and I probably will :-)
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On our recent trip to New Zealand, we found ourselves in the same hostel on three separate nights (in three different hostels) with a couple whose accents indicated that they came from North America.

The smell of their bacon and eggs cooking each morning was fabulous and pervasive.

They commented that they loved the bacon and that they couldn't get anything like it back home so were making the most of it. When he went shopping, he'd buy a kilo of it at a time.

I've also taken a piece of good quality smoked bacon when on extended camping trips when refrigeration was an issue. Wrapped in a damp cloth, it keeps well for weeks. And a little as flavouring in whatever was cooking on the campfire was a tasty addition.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='774327' date='08-May-2009 10:46']Hi Mickey

Never, never, make the mistake of any yuk coming out of a 'Golden Arches' or BK joint as being a bacon sarnie

Take a walk on the wild side and buy a plain, bleached, split tin loaf, cut off the first crust and crumble for the birds then cut two thick slices, about 1/2 to 3/4's of a inch and liberally apply proper butter. Use best unsmoked back bacon, if you can't find the thickness do not compromise, cook twice as much!! add to bread, cut in half and pig out (pun intended)

For personal preference I add black pepper and brown sauce (Daddies).

These are to die for, and I probably will :-)[/quote]

Hi Steve,

Based on your recommendation I made one of these Bacon Sarnies. I solved the bacon thickness problem by going to a local meat market and getting some bacon special cut! They were yummy ( I tried some while I had to wait for the arrival of my bottle of Daddies Brown Sauce. It was well worth the wait)!

It, the bacon sarnie, was delicious! I meant to take a picture of it but it did not last long enough !

Thanks again for the info. Thanks to Bowlie for starting this yummy topic.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Mickey

Nice to have a convert to ‘fine’ breakfast cuisine!! If you want to see a doctor though wait for a week or two otherwise you will have the cholesterol police onto you

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)