3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I need help this is driving me nuts..

I have a subform on a form that a user can input Receipt #'s.. This subform also counts the number of Receipt #'s in a field called Quantity using =Count[Receipt#].. This gives a total of the receipt numbers in the subform.. I have a another field on the main form called Qnty.. I want the value of this to be the total of the subform Quantity field.. I use the code below on the OnExit event of the Qnty field.. This works once the user exits that field.. My problem is that I would rather have the user not enter that field.. I tried using this on the Afterupdate of the subform Quantity field and the OnExit of the subform but it doesn't work.. Any thoughts? Thanks..

Private Sub Qnty_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
    Forms![IDC RECEIPT FORM]![Qnty].Value = Me![ReceiptSubform]![Quantity]
    End Sub

[img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I need help this is driving me nuts..

Just a thought, but can you not simply create a text box on the main form bound to the field on the subform; something like =[frmMySubForm].[Form]![Quantity]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try using the AfterUpdate event of the subform itself. This happens each time a record is updated. Write the value from the subform to the main form using the parent object, like this:

Parent![IDC RECEIPT FORM]![Qnty].Value = Me![Quantity]

Since the subform has the focus and is where the code would go, the Me object refers to the subform and the Parent object is the main form.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

[img]/w3timages/icons/kiss.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/kiss.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks everybody I got it fixed.. I was telling it the parent form as you mentioned.. Thanks again..[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]