Thread: Access Security

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello again colleagues all !

My client gets annoyed at the Security Warning form which appears whenever he opens his database front end. I have tried to tell him that it is a Windows security feature and he should leave well alone, as his network is connected to the Internet. However, he is adamant that he wants it to go and, as we all are aware, clients are kings !

I did get some sort of a fix which involved an entry into the Registry (SQLSecurityCheck is set to Off), but it did not work. I then noted that although it was listed as an Office fix, it is actually Word-specific. I could not adapt it to Access, because the directory structure is diffeent and I could not work out where to put it.

On my own machine, a standalone PC, the macro security flag is set to Low (I am running preetty good - and expensive - antivirus software) and I do not get the message. On my laptop and on the client's PC, linked to his server, the flag is set to Medium and we both get the message. I can set the value to Low, but it does not hold and next time in (after rebooting even) it is set to Medium again.

What I would like is specific databases to be recognised as OK and opened without the message. I note that there is scope in the macro security option to list trusted sources, but as the databases are already within the system, I cannot see how these can be relevant.

Any advice from you extraordinarily clever and knowledgeable people out there would be much appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Which version of Access are you running?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think this phenomenon arose following the client's upgrade from Access 97 to Access 2003. This may be relevant because my laptop (which also displays the warning message) contains Access 2003, whereas my PC (no warning message) is running Access 2000.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Hans. I downloaded the material in the reference and forwarded it to my client in the hope that he will be sufficiently scared to leave well alone ! Otherwise, I am investigating the self-created digital signature option.
    Jim.