Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

After loading office 2007 I looked for a macro icon on a toolbar that runs a macro for me and it wasn't there. Tried to run from the Tools? menu and had no macros. Tried to find them in normal.dot, but was faced with an empty normal.dotm file instead? Should I have been able to see/run this macro? I have several in Excel that seem to work just fine so I'm really surprised that I'm having this problem in Word. Can you help?

Thanks,

Lana

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Was this the first time you ran Word 2007? Or was the macro available in Word 2007 before?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Word 2007 will run most if not all macros from earlier versions of Word ('97-'03). I suspect the problem is that you haven't copied across the templates where the macros used to reside. Find an old template that you know contains macros and try double clicking on it.

You will also find it easier to run macros if you 'Show the Developer Tab in the Ribbon' in Word 07 which is hidden by default. That setting is located in Office Button > Word Options > Popular
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This was not the first time I had used/run Word 2007, but I hadn't tried to run anything with a macro before.

I do have the developer tab showing. Is there a search that I can use to find a file/template with a macro? I wasn't aware that I had to manually copy anything over. I expected the update to 2007 would do all of that for me. Are you saying that any macros I had are still there on my computer, I just need to discover how to access them?

The problem, as usual, exists at work, so I won't be able to try to find a file or solve the problem until tomorrow. I'll let you know if I can figure it out or not.

Thanks for your responses.

Lana

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    See if you can find your old Normal.dot template. If so, open it then save it as a macro-enabled Word 2007 template Normal.dotm (you can overwrite the existing version).

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='lana' post='774534' date='10-May-2009 12:38']This was not the first time I had used/run Word 2007, but I hadn't tried to run anything with a macro before.

I do have the developer tab showing. Is there a search that I can use to find a file/template with a macro? I wasn't aware that I had to manually copy anything over. I expected the update to 2007 would do all of that for me. Are you saying that any macros I had are still there on my computer, I just need to discover how to access them?

The problem, as usual, exists at work, so I won't be able to try to find a file or solve the problem until tomorrow. I'll let you know if I can figure it out or not.

Thanks for your responses.

Lana[/quote]

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll see if I can find it tomorrow, but I think I may have searched for it already. Can't remember. I'll let you know.

Lana

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi guys,

I was able to find some version of my normal.dot file out on our network and copied the macros over. I only tried one, the one I needed now, and it worked just fine. Thank you much.

Lana