Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows Update automatically installed something today, May 10, 2009. The update doesn't show on Control Panel | Add/Remove |Change/Remove | Show Updates checked (makes it hard to roll back). KB 923561 is the last update showing, installed 4/16 (with five others in the 95-96 range). Updates current through a couple days ago, verified by Secunia online scan. My wireless connection is dead, no connections are listed.

Wireless Connection Repair doesn't work - it gets to the "Connecting to wireless network" dialog, sticks there a while, then reports "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed: Connecting to the wireless network. For assistance contact the person who manages your network." Tried to reset and restart it through the Wireless Zero Config (Windows\system32\services msc /s), and tried MSKB article 953791 without success.

This is a home DSL wireless network. Shut down and restarted the DSL, it doesn't work. The company machine I'm sending this on is wirelessly connected to the same network.

Any ideas?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='774579' date='10-May-2009 12:22'][/quote]
    I have solved my problem by going into the Intel Proset Wireless Connection Utility and resetting everything through that app, which seems to have been passed onto the OS. It appears that I have lost all my WiFi network history and WEP passwords.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS