Thread: GEOCACHING

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Out of interest, any GEOCACHE'rs frequent the lounge? A friend of a friend introduced me to this today, 2 find's this afternoon...... Very sceptical at first, but turned out to be great fun!!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was introduced to it about 2 years ago and have even hidden a cache myself (although that was not too successful because it has disappeared!)

I tend to check out any along any route that we may travel and use them as a guide for where to stop. Mr Johbot is a bit of a birdwatcher, so he's happy to stop and get the binoculars out while I find the geocache.

Thanks
    [quote name='johbot' post='774599' date='10-May-2009 23:21']Mr Johbot is a bit of a birdwatcher, so he's happy to stop and get the binoculars out while I find the geocache.[/quote]
    What a pity your middle name is not Florence, for if it had been you could have been known as Cache Flo...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johbot' post='774599' date='10-May-2009 23:21']I was introduced to it about 2 years ago and have even hidden a cache myself (although that was not too successful because it has disappeared!)

I tend to check out any along any route that we may travel and use them as a guide for where to stop. Mr Johbot is a bit of a birdwatcher, so he's happy to stop and get the binoculars out while I find the geocache.[/quote]

Well, 3 down, many more to follow. We have planned another 2 for next weekend, along with a picnic and a few beverages to round off the day.

Being on the wrong side of 30 and being resigned to sitting at a desk for the rest of my working life, I need to combat the pounds that I am gaining rapidly, and this beat's buying a dog!

Think i'll save this for the weekend after:

Quote: a cache located on the side of a rocky cliff accessible only by rock climbing equipment may be hard to find. An underwater cache may only be accessed by SCUBA.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='VegasNath' post='774592' date='10-May-2009 15:43']Out of interest, any GEOCACHE'rs frequent the lounge? A friend of a friend introduced me to this today, 2 find's this afternoon...... Very sceptical at first, but turned out to be great fun!![/quote]

I used to do it faithfully 2-3 years ago. Then we seemed to be taken over by people who thought it was funny to break the rules and bury caches and hide them extremely close to busy businesses that made it hard to have fun. After 600-700 finds, we gave up. We even had about 20 that we hid that were fun. Found a way to even hide one underwater while not exposing the finders to getting wet. The wilderness one's are great, but it seemed we were doomed with the urban loonies around here. We still do it just occasionally during travel, and we have a couple of travel bugs that are still trying to make their way across the country. My mother launched one from Iowa that is now in Germany! It has its cool points.