New Lounger
    Thanks
    Using Word 2007 I am trying to set up an automated email to a series of people whose names and email addresses I hold on a MYSQL database on my PC. I appear to have been able to set up a connection to the table concerned and can see the details on the Connector/ODBC 3.51.21 - Driver Connect "Login" tab. The Data Source name is chk_sixmonth, which is the name of the table to which I wish to connect.
    When I go to use the database with a document I get the message that "Record 1 contained too few data fields", and next that "Record 2 contained too few data fields". In fact both of these records contain all the information required. I assume that the connection has not in fact been made.
    If I try to use "Select Recipients" I select "Use Existing List", select the listed Data Source, but then I am presented with the Data Link Properties dialogue box. I have filled this in various ways but can only establish a successful connection when I leave the "Enter Initial Catalogue to Use" textbox empty. If I do that I can get passed the box, but again I am told that "Record 1 contained too few data fields" etc.

Can anyone elp sort this out, or point me to source of help, please.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I don't have experience with this myself, but take a look at Re: Word 2002 Mailmerge using data from MySQL. Although it's for Word 2002, it should be the same for Word 2007.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='774729' date='11-May-2009 21:11']... take a look at Re: Word 2002 Mailmerge using data from MySQL. Although it's for Word 2002, it should be the same for Word 2007.[/quote]

Hmmm.. Looks dreadfully complicated to me. Thanks Hans, but I'll keep looking for a more straightforward explanation!