New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey guys, I just joined this is my first post. I just adjusted my downloaded update from automatic to notify download updates. I'm having a recent issue with my "yahoo home " page. It won't allow me to vist saying "oops broken link" however, it does give me a link to go to, yes its yahoo and from there I can see my e-mail. We have three computors two laptops and one desktop. Vista on the laptops and xp on the ds. and all are doing the same thing. Yes I adjusted them also. Could this be due to a patch that was automatically updated. Please help I don't know what to do. Thank you for taking your time to read this and for your help...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='roost812' post='774798' date='12-May-2009 01:38']Hey guys, I just joined this is my first post.[/quote]
    Well, Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I don't use Yahoo as you do AND I'm in XP right now rather than Vista. But what I want to ask you should be the same if you're using Internet Explorer as your browser. It is possible that Yahoo changed something in the link that broke it, but at least they're redirecting you to the right place.

After you get to the CORRECT page, open Tools, Internet Options and see if the link that shows there is the "old" one. If so, you should only have to click "Use Current" and this ought to fix the problem. Let us know, one way or the other.

[attachment=83712:2009_05_12_055027.png]

(PS If this turns out to be the correct solution, we might move your post to the Internet Explorer forum.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='774812' date='12-May-2009 04:58']Well, Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I don't use Yahoo as you do AND I'm in XP right now rather than Vista. But what I want to ask you should be the same if you're using Internet Explorer as your browser. It is possible that Yahoo changed something in the link that broke it, but at least they're redirecting you to the right place.

After you get to the CORRECT page, open Tools, Internet Options and see if the link that shows there is the "old" one. If so, you should only have to click "Use Current" and this ought to fix the problem. Let us know, one way or the other.

[attachment=83712:2009_05_12_055027.png]

(PS If this turns out to be the correct solution, we might move your post to the Internet Explorer forum.)[/quote]

Thank you for your help. Well, the problem is I can get into www.yahoo.com and get to my email. What won't open is www.my.yahoo.com, which is my personalized page. We thought maybe the reason this happened suddenly about a week ago was due to either a microsoft update or a new google toolbar that downloaded. We uninstalled the toolbar, restored to an earlier date and even shut down and took out the battery of the laptop. None of these things worked. Also, I cannot find anything thru Yahoo help.

Thanks once again for any ideas you may have.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='roost812' post='774943' date='12-May-2009 21:48']Thank you for your help. Well, the problem is I can get into www.yahoo.com and get to my email. What won't open is www.my.yahoo.com, which is my personalized page.[/quote]
    Here's what happens to me. As I said, I don't use Yahoo the way you do, although I do have an "account" because I've played Fantasy NFL there for several years.

I used the link www.my.yahoo.com that you mention and it opens to my Yahoo account just fine. But this is doing it manually from within Firefox, NOT via the setting for Home page! Since I don't usually log out, this is what I see in the upper right corner:

[attachment=83737:2009_05_13_071735.png]

However, I notice the place where they have a link to make it your Home page, the URL that they suggest is: http://my.yahoo.com/#

Do you suppose it would work better if you put that link in your Home page setting? Otherwise, I'm out of ideas and by the way, both my XP and Vista are both up to date with all MS patches, so I wouldn't think that's the cause.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    A bit of followup. I think that you and Yahoo have a problem and I hope you can get some help from them. Since this is happening to you on three computers with both XP and Vista, I don't think it's the OS that's causing it.

Just for the heck of it, I ran IE8 in Vista and changed my Home page to the link you said you're using. It works just fine for me. I even went so far as to try it when I was logged OUT of Yahoo AND by remaining logged in. When I'm logged out, it still works, it just starts with a login page.

As I said, I'm running out of ideas... Sorry...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='774991' date='13-May-2009 08:04']A bit of followup. I think that you and Yahoo have a problem and I hope you can get some help from them. Since this is happening to you on three computers with both XP and Vista, I don't think it's the OS that's causing it.

Just for the heck of it, I ran IE8 in Vista and changed my Home page to the link you said you're using. It works just fine for me. I even went so far as to try it when I was logged OUT of Yahoo AND by remaining logged in. When I'm logged out, it still works, it just starts with a login page.

As I said, I'm running out of ideas... Sorry...[/quote]

Thanks Big Al. I'll try that, however, if it still won't work for me do you have any idea on how to ask Yahoo a question on this problem that I'am having.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='roost812' post='775137' date='14-May-2009 00:38']... do you have any idea on how to ask Yahoo a question on this problem that I'am having.[/quote]
    I've never had a need to contact them, so I don't know how well this works, but following along on the links starting in the upper right corner of My Yahoo page (Help), I end up here:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/form...yix4SvXcXjiwSN4

[attachment=83748:2009_05_14_064852.png]