Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having an intermittent problem when pasting a large amount of data from an external system into Excel. Whilst this works some of the time, I regularly get an error message "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action".

My colleagues (who have the same spec of PC, same version of Excel, same Service Pack, same amount of PC memory) do not have this problem.

Does anybody have any idea of what might be causing this? Or any thoughts on how I can get round this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Does the external system have a data export option to excel or text file? If not try paste special. I ususally use data and number formates.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IceMatte' post='774819' date='12-May-2009 13:09']Does the external system have a data export option to excel or text file? If not try paste special. I ususally use data and number formates.[/quote]

Unfortunately there's no data export option - I wish there was! I've also tried Paste Special but still get the error message - but only some of the time. Anybody have any other ideas?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you verified that it does not have phrases that initiate with signs?
    " =, +, - " " =textů " , " - text" , " +text"