Thread: Startup

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There is a file sitting in my startup that I have no idea what it is and I have googled it with only strange results - like finance symbols. The file is: mqsne.exe Is anyone familiar with this? I want to get rid of it if it is something I do not need. I have been cleaning up my computer. Thank you.
    lynndelap

Thanks
    [quote name='lynndelap' post='774865' date='12-May-2009 13:55']There is a file sitting in my startup that I have no idea what it is and I have googled it with only strange results - like finance symbols. The file is: mqsne.exe Is anyone familiar with this? I want to get rid of it if it is something I do not need. I have been cleaning up my computer. Thank you. [/quote]
    Are you sure that's the correct spelling (mqsne.exe)?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Rebel' post='774868' date='12-May-2009 19:04']Are you sure that's the correct spelling (mqsne.exe)?[/quote]
    Yes, I am sure as I have checked it several times.
    lynndelap

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There are some financial references to MQSNE, but there's nothing relevant about mqsne.exe in either Google or the newsgroups.
    I'd move the file out of your startup folder and see if that has a negative effect. If not, you can leave it out.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='lynndelap' post='774870' date='12-May-2009 13:13']Yes, I am sure as I have checked it several times.[/quote]

If you right click the exe and selct properties does it tell you anything interesting?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='774881' date='12-May-2009 18:38']If you right click the exe and selct properties does it tell you anything interesting?

Joe[/quote]

It doesn't allow me to do this in the config utlity. I have done a search looking for the file with no results. I even made it search the hidden files and folders as I want to delete it also, but no results so far!
    lynndelap

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='774881' date='12-May-2009 19:38']If you right click the exe and selct properties does it tell you anything interesting?

Joe[/quote]

I never got any results after doing a search so I went ahead and unchecked it in the startup table and rebooted my system. Everything seems to be working fine so will leave it at that. I sure wish I could find where it is sitting on my computer though. In the table is just shows it as shown in the attached wordpad document:
    [attachment=83742:image001.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    lynndelap

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='lynndelap' post='775057' date='13-May-2009 19:18']I never got any results after doing a search so I went ahead and unchecked it in the startup table and rebooted my system. Everything seems to be working fine so will leave it at that.[/quote]
    A wise decision! I also wonder about the mqpbase.exe file listed in your startup. Like the other one, no path is mentioned. I'd clear its check box too and see what happens if you reboot.